Gerasimov Igor V.
- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11
Name: Igor V. Gerasimov
Date of birth: 20 January 1964
Place of birth: St. Petersburg, Russia
- Sept. 1981-June 1987 St. Petersburg University, The Department of Oriental Studies (St. Petersburg State University)
- History and politics of Arabian countries, Islamic History, Literature.
- Studied Modern Arabic Literature, History and politics of the Middle East and North Africa, Arabic, English, Hebrew, French.
- Sept. 1984 – July 1985 The Institute for teaching Arabic for foreigners Damascus, Syria)
- Specialization: Arabic language, Literature
- St. Petersburg University 1985-1987
- Master’s Degree in Oriental Studies 1987
- Dec. 1987-Dec. 1990, St. Petersburg University, The Faculty of Journalism, Graduate School.
- August 2013 Sudan (visiting of Darfur)
- January-February 2014 Sudan (visiting Sennar, Wad Madani, 6 Cataract)
- Foreign journalism.
- December 1994 Ph.D. in Linguistics ( The Literature of foreign peoples of Asia and Africa) and Ph.D. in Journalism,
- June 2013 Doctor in History.
- January 1991 – January 1997 Teaching assistant of the faculty of Journalism
- Since January 1997 senior – lecturer of the Faculty of Journalism
- Since Sept. 1996 – May 1998 part-time lecturer in the Faculty of Oriental Studies
- Since October 1998 – January 2000 half-time lecturer in the Faculty of Oriental Studies
- Since 2002 - Associate professor of the Department of Arabic Studies ( Faculty of the Oriental Studies)
- Since 2009 – Associate professor of the Department of History of the Near East
- lectured The History of Arabic Press, Grammar of Arabic.
- Fluent in Russian, Arabic, English.
- Working knowledge of French, Hebrew.
- Member ( Secretary) of the Center of African Studies ( St. Petersburg State University),
- Member of Association of Humanitarian Relations with the Arabian countries.