- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11
- +7 (812) 328-7732
- 1965-1971: Semitology section of Department of Arabic Philology, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, St.Petersburg State University. Degree Diploma: "Biography and Creativity of the Jewish writer Yehuda Burla. « Nashim (Women)» storybook".
Qualification: orientalist-philologist (Semitology, Arabic philology).
Working trips to the Arab countries:
- 1969-1970: Yemen, Aden;
- 1971-1972: Egypt;
- 1972-1974, 1990: Iraq;
- 1981-1986: Syria;
- 1991: Lebanon.
- 1986-2010: work in the administration of St. Petersburg; Visiting Lectrurer, Department of Arabic Philology, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, St.Petersburg State University.
- Current Senior Lectrurer, Department of Arabic Philology, St.Petersburg State University.
- Classes are held on the 4th course of the bachelor's degree in the study groups of the Department of Arabic Philology, Middle East History Department (history of the Arab countries, the economy of the countries of the Middle East), the Department of African Studies, Semitology and hebraic Department and the 1st and 2nd courses of the Master's program.
Bachelor's (work purpose):
Arabian philology, the history of Arab countries, the economy of Arab countries:
- familiarization of students with specific vocabulary of the language of business communication and fixing the vocabulary of the Arabic language received during the entire period of study;
- training in oral and written translation skills from the Russian language to Arabic contract documents, business letters and commercial advertising;
- reading and translating Arabic texts on the subject of "regional studies".
- reading and translating Arabic texts on the history of Afrasian languages.
Master's (work purpose):
- preparation of students for work as interpreters based on the use of cliches of texts of business letters and negotiations on various aspects of foreign economic activity.
- Forming a special course of training specialists - translators in the sphere of business communication, both on the basis of already available materials prepared earlier by the teachers of the Arabic Philology Department, and using own know-how, accepted during foreign trips.
- Continuation of the publication of the sections of the Almanac "Practice of translating from Arabic into Russian" with the expansion of the subject matter of the material involved, for example, social aspects, ecology, energy, etc.
- Textbook "Practice of translation from Arabic into Russian (Science, regional studies, linguistics)", ch.1.
- Textbook "Practice of translation from Arabic into Russian (Science, regional studies)", ch.2.
- Textbook "Practice of translation from Arabic into Russian (History, geography, agriculture, regional studies)", ch.3.
- Textbook "Practice of translation from Arabic into Russian (Culture, Medicine, Agriculture, Ecology)", ch.4. Publishing house "St. Petersburg University", 2013-2014, 2017 compilation, translation, including a brief vocabulary. Edited by VV Ovsyannikov, Issue 1, 2, 3; Issue 4 currently located in the printing house.