Zdanevich Alexander S.
- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11, Office 160
- +7 (812) 328-7732
- 2001-2004: PhD Programme in Asian and African Literatures, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, SPbSU. PhD Thesis: “History of the development of political and social processes in Southern Africa (the end of the XVII - the first third of the XIX centuries)” (2004, supervisors Prof. A.A.Zhukov/Prof. A. B. Davidson).
- 1999-2001: M.A. in History and Culture, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, St.Petersburg State University. M.A. Dissertation: “The cultural and political influence of the British on the process of the formation of Afrikaner society (the end of the XVII - the first third of the XIX century)”.
- 1995-1999: B.A. in History, St.Petersburg State University. Diploma: “The main stages in the formation of Afrikaner society in the context of British socio-political transformations (late XVII — early XIX centuries)”
- Current Senior Lecturer, Department of African Studies, St.Petersburg State University
- 2012-2015: Director of the Russian-Tanzanian Centre of Science and Culture (RTCC, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania)
Counselor of the Embassy of the Russian Federation (cross-cultural relations (Russia-Tanzania))
- 2005- 2012: Head of the Department of Supplementary Educational Programs, Saint-Petersburg State University (SPbSU)
- 2001-2012: Senior Lecturer/Associate prof., Department of African Studies, St.Petersburg State University
- Head of the Scientific Commission of the Faculty of Foreign Languages (SPbSU)
- Russian (native),
- Swahili (fluent),
- English (fluent),
- Afrikaans (reading)
- History and culture of sub-Saharan Africa (south-east of the continent),
- Social & political processes in African countries.
- Swahili language
- History of Africa
- Society, politics & economy of the African countries (present times)
Expeditionary activities for the collection and classification of African art objects for private and museum collections within the framework of the “Africa inside” project:
- The Republic of the Congo (2004),
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (2004),
- People’s Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (2005),
- United Republic of Tanzania (2007; 2012-2015).
- “Strategic conflict in the Republic of Rwanda (1990-1994): History and prospects of settlement” Collected Works of the XXV Scientific Conference on Historiography and Source Studies of Asian and African Countries, St. Petersburg., 2009.