Telitsin Nikolay N.
- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11, Office 189
- Russian (native),
- Turkish (fluent),
- English (reading),
- German (reading)
- 1986-1989 — PhD Programme in Turkic Philology, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, Leningrad State University. PhD Thesis: “Infinite verb forms in the Old Uigur language (on the material of the Old Uygur manuscripts from Xinjiang)”. (1990, supervisor Prof. Sergey Ivanov)
- 1981-1986 — Undergraduate Programme in Turkic Philology, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, Leningrad State University. Specialist Diploma.
- Since 2013 — Head of the Department of Turkic Philology, SPbSU
- 1993-2013 — Associate Professor, Department Turkic Philology, SPbSU
- 1989-1993 — Senior Lectrurer, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, SPbSU
Professional and social activities:
- Member of the Bureau of the Russian Committee of Turkologists
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the magazine "Russian Turkology"
- Convener, International Scientific Conference "Languages and literatures of the Turkic peoples" dedicated to the 180th anniversary of the Department of Turkic Philology at the Petersburg State University (26-28 October 2015)
- Convener, The 6th International Symposium on Oriental Ancient Documents Studies (Saint-Petersburg, October 2–6, 2016)
- Convener, International Scientific Conference XIX Ivanov Memorial Lectures (Saint-Petersburg, May 19, 2017)
- Convener, International scientific conference XXXII Kononov Memorial Lectures, (Saint-Petersburg,October 27-28, 2017)
- History and Culture of Old Turks,
- Old Turkic Languages (Language of Turkic Runic Monuments and Old Uyghur Language),
- Ottoman Language,
- Modern Turkish and Dialects
- Language of Old Turkic Runic Monuments
- Old Uygur Language
- Ottoman Turkish
- Culture of Old Turks
- Translation from Russian into Turkish
- Introduction to Ottoman calligraphy
- Alexandra Perednya. Nominal inflectional categories in the old Uyghur. (2010-2016)
- On the issue of the difference in participles in the Old Uighur language. // Vestn. -Petersburg. University. Ser. 13. 2012. Issue. 1. P. 27-38.
- Basic concepts of writing development among the Turkic peoples in antiquity // Concepts of modern oriental studies. SPb, 2013. P. 407-419.
- To the interpretation of the -sar in the Old Uighur language // Alkïš bitig. Scripta in honorem D.M.Nasilov. Collection of articles for the 80th anniversary of D.M. Nasilov. M., 2015. P. 234-238.
- Some thoughts on the origin and development of Turkic writing in the ancient time (Mongolia and Xinjiang). 捷利岑. 论古代突厥文字的起源与发展： 以蒙古和新疆为例 //2014年中国西部文学与地域文化国际高端论坛论文选. 广州暨南大学出版社, 2015. Рр.1-9 (298 р.)
- On the question of «original» manuscripts in Old Uighur Language// The Fifth International Symposium of Ancient Ethnic Minority Documents of China: Proceedings (Yinchuan, China. 11-14 September 2015). Yinchuan, 2015. P. 179. (367 p.)
- Conditional verbal participle in ancient Turkic languages // International Scientific Conference "Languages and literatures of the Turkic peoples" dedicated to the 180th anniversary of the Department of Turkic Philology at the Petersburg State University (26-28 October 2015). Abstracts. SPb., 2015. P. 120-121 (155 p.)
- On the phonemic meaning of the sign I in Turkic Runic Inscriptions // Actual problems of Turkic studies. SPb., 2016. S. 45-49 (592 p.) (In co-authorship with V.G.Guzev)